Thursday 11 March 2010

YDT Badges

Someone in the crit yesterday had the idea of making badges to go with my YTD exhibition. I thought it was a really good idea. The badge format works really well with the slightly kitsch feel of the project and also all the elements I have already designed immediately seemed as though they would work as badges.

I found a place where you can order small batches of badges called Awesome Merchandise. They do small 25mm badges in orders as small as 20 and you can even get different designs within the batch.

I quickly sketched out some ideas of what I thought the badges should look like.















Then I went onto Illustrator to make some different variations of the badges and to see what they would look like with the correct typeface and color.



















I did a few more experimental variations (below), which I like the look of. But I don't think they have as much impact as the one colour ones and they start to move away the really simple identity that I have developed for the rest of the project.















Below are my favorite/most successful ideas, I really like the possible ways they can work as a set. And I think they tie in well with the rest of the identity















No comments:

Post a Comment