Tuesday 2 March 2010

Shona MacPherson Business Cards

OK well after a bit of thought I decided that I was trying to over complicate Shona MacPherson's identity and I needed to bring it right back to the basics. She's given me loads of really beautiful photos to work with, so I have decided to place them at the center of the identity.

I did a quick typeface test to see which typefaces looked good and felt appropriate for the job. I always think its hard to know if they are really going to work until you see them in context. So I started laying out some business cards.

































Above is Avente Garde and Times














Above Times only














Gill Sans light with extra wide tracking. I think this is definately the strongest and its very light delicate nature relflects the fragile, delicate nature of her work.














My original plan was to simply have cropped sections of her work on the reverse.














However I started overlaying some type and I think it has a very nice effect.














I experimented using several different photographs that she has sent me.













I really like the effect of all of them. It would be nice if we could get a certain number printed of each, so there was a few different version but I have a feeling budget constraints probably won't allow this.







































I tried to use several different textures on the back of the business card but this really isn't working.

Next step is to send them over to Shona and see which ones she prefers.

No comments:

Post a Comment