Thursday 25 February 2010

Exhibition Signage

I spent a bit of time laying out the blurb for each of the designers involved in the exhibition.















I tried to center aligned it, because a lot of the other parts of the identity are center aligned. However I don't really think it works for this kind of caption thing.

















I also tried to encorporate some of the red diagonal lines that I have used in the rest of the identity. However I don't really think they have the same sort of feel that they have in the poster and in the other parts of the signage.


























































In the end I think that the really simple design above works the best and is most appropriate. The caption for the art work shouldn't really compete with the artwork for attention, so I think the simplest design is probably best.

I made a master grid, as you can see in the image below, so that all the elements will be in the same position in all the captions. They are slightly larger than A6 and will be mounted on foam board when they're finished.



No comments:

Post a Comment