Wednesday 26 May 2010

Historical Character Set Promotion

Once I had finished the typefaces, I wanted to produce some promotional material to show them off to their best and display the way in which the character forms can be used. I also wanted to include some of the sources of inspiration they draw from and a little bit about how they were constructed. The most obvious way to do this was in a booklet.

One of the first things I did was to construct some illustrations of the vectors I used to create the typefaces. Which you van see below.
















































I decided to use a narrow format for the booklet. However once I had printed out a full scale mock up I felt that this wasn't the most appropriate way to show the fonts. The pages felt too small, I really wanted to see the letterforms at a large scale, both typefaces are fairly wide so narrow pages felt quite constricting. Also everytime I picked it up it made me think of a menu.



























































Once I had decided that I wasn't happy with the narrow format I put the content onto a long concertina fold poster/booklet. This feels like a much more appropriate way of displaying the typefaces. There is much more space to display large characters and because it is a fold out format there is more freedom to break the margins and go over several pages.







No comments:

Post a Comment