Thursday 27 May 2010

Historical Character Posters

I decided to produce a set of posters to go with the type specimen leaflets I had done. Posters are a great way of displaying the different ways the typefaces can be used and seeing all the different shapes and forms at a large scale.

I new the format and colours I wanted to use, so with this in mind I produced a large number of variations using the two different typefaces.























































I also produced the above design in photoshop, overlaying the typeface onto a halftone image of a train. I like the look but feel it is moving too far away from the look of the rest of the posters and leaflets.



























Once I had got to a stage where I had produced a large number of designs I was happy with, I printed out a contact sheet and made some decisions about which ones to go with. You can see the 6 I am taking forward below.










































































No comments:

Post a Comment