Saturday 10 April 2010

Bassment Logo Development Round 2

I felt that the Bassment logo could be improved upon. And I thought that hand rendered type would have an appropriate loose, friendly feel for a reggae night.

I started of with a really simple slightly stylised scan of my own hand writing (below).











I put it into Illustrator and went round it with a stroke. As you can see in the image below, over several stages I refined the lettering, making it more consistant until I was happy with it. then the stroke was expended and it could work as a piece of logo type.


















I experiment using it in several different logos.













































































































I really like the overall look of it and I think it is appropriate for a reggae, funk, soul and ska night.

Yesterday me and Phill were working on the project and we realised we had so many different versions of the logo, all working in a kind of sticker/seal form that it it would be brilliant if we could use them all to make up the identity. You can see the process in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment